Hi Bjoern,

On Wed, Dec 21, 2011 at 01:49:15PM +0100, Bjoern Michaelsen <bjoern.michaelsen@canonical.com> wrote:
Also: Why make version are you using? I am using 3.81 with a bugfix for bug
20033. Do you maybe use 3.82 unpatched?

Yes (distro-default).

It introduced the performance
regression that Michael identified and fixed with:

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/contrib/dev-tools/commit/make-3.82-gbuild?id=c62f3e6808870645dc9a94dc27158ca3bec16fbd

That did not help too much:

Before:

real    6m33.616s
user    5m28.658s
sys     0m10.667s

After:

real    5m56.503s
user    5m20.246s
sys     0m4.535s

I also tried your "3.81 + fix for bug 20033":

real    1m3.673s
user    0m40.407s
sys     0m4.106s

So looks like 3.82's regressions are not all fixed. ;-)

Thanks for the hint, though.