Jan Holesovsky wrote (30-12-11 17:22)

Yeah ;-) - it is hard to make everyone happy, though I am not that
convinced that introducing one more option is the right solution.  I
have been playing with the feature and Writer in general even more, and
now I am convinced that giving there a small timeout has some merit;
when you are an extensive mouse user, and travel between the document
and toolbar or menu a lot, the immediately popping up / hiding header
indicator will get on your nerves quickly.

Ah, just what I wrote.

So - what I'll try to do is that the appearing will start later (not 1
sec, but maybe 200 - 500 ms), but the functionality will be available
immediately when the mouse is there; so the impatient user who knows
where to click will be able to perform immediately, while the extensive
mouse traveller will not be annoyed.  Hopefully that will be the best
from the both worlds :-)

Hope my other suggestion is doable too.

:-) The thing is that you are really editing all the pages at the same
time (header applies to all of them).  The way out of that might be
showing the dashed line on all the pages, but the control only on the
page where you have the mouse pointer.  I'll try how hard will that be.

Looks as a very good solution.

--
 - Cor
 - http://nl.libreoffice.org