Hello, Luc,

On 27/12/11 15:14, Luc Castermans wrote:
In order to test Visio import for Libo 3.5 I search the Internet and
found a couple. One group, which
I downloaded from a MS-site, import nicely. A couple of other files, do
not import, instead the import-filter
selector is shown upon opening them. "file-command" output is shown
below, first 2 from MS-site, last
one from another site.  Any reason why the last one doesn't get imported?

We are importing only versions 6 and 11, it means created by Visio 2000 -> Visio 2010. It should be possible to support earlier versions at a certain point of time, nevertheless, nobody of us has a Visio version that generated the version 5 diagrams. We did not want to enter into an exercise of wild guessing at this point of time. There is still something to improve in the supported versions, that cover 10+ years of Visio :)

  $ file BlkDiagm.vsd
BlkDiagm.vsd: CDF V2 Document, Little Endian, Os: Windows, Version 5.1,
Code page: 1252, Author: Microsoft Corporation, Template: C:\Program
Files\Microsoft Office\Visio11\1033\BASICD_U.__VST, Last Saved By:
Microsoft Corporation, Name of Creating Application: Microsoft Visio,
Last Saved Time/Date: Wed Jul 23 17:47:46 2003

  $ file Database.vsd
Database.vsd: CDF V2 Document, Little Endian, Os: Windows, Version 5.1,
Code page: 1252, Author: Microsoft Corporation, Template: C:\Program
Files\Microsoft Office\Visio10\1033\Solutions\__Database\Database Model
Diagram (US units).vst, Last Saved By: Bill Holt, Last Saved Time/Date:
Thu Mar 20 19:19:22 2003

  $ file Drawing\ Shapes\ Example.vsd
Drawing Shapes Example.vsd: CDF V2 Document, Little Endian, Os: Windows,
Version 4.0, Code page: 1252, Author: Raymond Mark, Title: Ellipse Drawing

I would not mind to have those files in a private mail so that I can check them and see whether some of them are not legitimate files that don't pass our type-detection.

Cheers

Fridrich