Hi all,

I've been informed by Fernand Vanrie (who has been involved in getting
Base to do a whole lot of stuff that I never thought possible for a long
time) that the old mysql connector extension supplied by Oracle no
longer functions with 3.5 on Windows, whereas it did still continue to
work on 3.3.x and 3.4.x.

As this is currently the only OS for which there is no regular
build/availability of the connector, unless I'm very much mistaken,
(well, actually there is also a need for 64 bit Linux outside of the
distrib providers), I was wondering whether one of the Windows build
bots would be prepared to release the connector at regular intervals,
say once a month, so that at least people could test the connector on
Windows.

I realise that we will eventually have a MariaDB connector, but as far
as I know, that isn't going to happen just yet, and in the meantime,
people still need a solution for 3.5.

So, what if any would/could people here do to help out ?

I don't have a Windows build machine (nor can I make one available), and
quite frankly, being the noob I am when it comes to unravelling code and
the problems it may/may not cause, I probably don't have the time,
energy or stomach to attempt to sort out the build problems that might
occur on a Win machine - hence my question to the buildbot
maintainers/hosters.

Answers on the back of a postage stamp please to me ;-)

Alex