On Sun, 2011-12-11 at 08:13 +0100, Lionel Elie Mamane wrote:
I asked a bug reporter to retest with a daily, but he/she reports that
the daily doesn't run on Fedora 16; see attachment. Anybody has some
advice for him/her?

        Use a different theme ? :-)

But LibO exits almost immediately and writes this in console:

create vcl plugin instance with gtk version 2 24 7
Screen
    Resolution/Size       96*96 1280*1024 17,0"
    Black&White           0 16777215
    RGB                   0xff0000 0xff00 0xff
    Visual                24-bit TrueColor ID=0x21
/opt/lodev3.5/program/soffice.bin: symbol lookup error:
/usr/lib64/gtk-2.0/2.10.0/engines/liboxygen-gtk.so: undefined symbol:
cairo_surface_create_for_rectangle
Exited with code '127'

        So - the basic problem of course is that we (LibreOffice) are linked to
our internal libcairo, but the gtk+ theme - that we dlopen is linked to
the system libcairo - indeed, it requires that since it has other
symbols.

        This is yet-another-victim of the (dumb, and badly performing)
'interposing' mis-feature in the ELF linker.

        If it was not for the librsvg rasterizer linking in vcl - we could
(potentially, Linux only etc.) use RTLD_DEEPBIND to load the vcl
plugins.

        As it is, I think the only really feasible way of fixing this is to
upgrade our internal libcairo - that seems fairly risk free to me, the
API/ABI is stable ... but of course we'd need to do that for 3.5 pretty
soon; lets discuss at the TSC.

        HTH,

                Michael.