Hi Pedro, *,

Pedro Lino wrote (10-12-11 12:46)

So, what should we do to each group of bugs? Anyway, I'm not sure
whether there are how many bugs in each group, or even there is any
bug in some group. Maybe we need separate discussion?

It is already for some time now, that there is need for more bug handling in BugZilla. Only that can lead to specific qualification and discussion.

This isn't simply a matter of checking and reporting bugs. It involves
the Quality of a product this Community claims to be Enterprise ready.
IMO there can be NO regressions.

Does not sound like a real life scenario, IMO. Some regressions will slip in now and then.

I think this is way over our (QA) heads given the sheer amount of
unfixed bugs.

There is the mechanism that gives all of us the possibility to propose the serious problems as most annoying. Which has been used continuously over the past year, and with success in the sense that bugs, also nasty old ones, have been fixed.

Nevertheless, I agree with the meaning of this topic:
When 3.4.5 has been released, it will take some time and a few (2, 3 ?) releases in the 3.5-branch to be on approximately the same level as 3.4.4/5. So that *might* lead to a situation where again several months waiting is necessary to be able to profit from improvements after 3.3.x ... And the potential risk of this is serious, so we may not think too light about this. The 'simple' solution is: make sure that the problems that are so serious, that you will not be able to use 3.4.x, despite the many improvements (also bugwise) in that branch, are well described and nominated 3.4-most annoying.

Does that make sense?

It doesn't seem realistic the release date of January 11  especially because
this is the Christmas season and most people here are volunteers.

Indeed, something to take into account.

Cheers,

--
 - Cor