Hi Winfried, please find my comments below.

On 12/09/2011 05:10 PM, Winfried Donkers wrote:
Hello all,

I have just got a new computer, which should make LibO much faster than my old machine does :) .
Unfortunately, I get a make error:
.../core/solver/unxlngi6.pro/bin/cppunit/cppunittester: symbol lookup error:
/usr/lib/gtk-2.0/2.10.0/engines/liboxygen-gtk.so: undefined symbol:
cairo_surface_create_for_rectangle
make[2]: *** [.../core/workdir/unxlngi6.pro/CppunitTest/hwpfilter_test_hwpfilter.test] Error 1

If I remember correctly I had the same problem when first trying to build LibO on kubuntu 11.10 (thus in a KDE environment) and I solved it by disabling Oxigen style in System settings panel, more precisely in "Application Appearance"/"GTK+ appearance"/"Widget style", and setting it to Raleigh. Probably I also rebooted the machine before trying to build LibO again. This solution will probably affect the appearance of LibO itself. I didn't test other configurations, my machine is much slower than yours.

Hope this helps, let me know if you find better solutions.

Matteo

Possibly I haven't installed all I need yet, but I wouldn't know what is missing.

I use openSUSE 12.1, installed all packages with zypper si -d libreoffice plus some more based on
errors when running autogen.sh --with-max-jobs=6 --with-num-cpus=6 --without-junit (untill
autogen.sh gave a successfull result).
Can anyone give me a hint how I can get LibO built?

Winfried