On 08/12/11 11:39, Markus Mohrhard wrote:
Hello Michael,

of course there is:

           PropertyValue[] loadProps = new PropertyValue[1];
           loadProps[0] = new PropertyValue();
           loadProps[0].Name = "ReadOnly";
           loadProps[0].Value = new Boolean(true);

now pass that as the last argument to loadComponentFromURL

This is not an option. If you set the document read-only you can at
least in calc no longer do a lot of actions. We have a function that
tests the SfxMedium if it is read only and prevent modification in
this case.

ah of course, i was wondering why most of my complex tests don't
actually use it :)

I'll work on the copy idea.

there is the following in sfx2/source/doc/docfile.cxx, function
IsSystemFileLockingUsed():

        xCommonConfig =
        ConfigurationHelper::openConfig("/org.openoffice.Office.Common")

        ConfigurationHelper::readRelativeKey(
                xCommonConfig,
                "Misc/",
                "UseDocumentSystemFileLocking") >>= bUseSystemLock;

which looks like it disables the creation of the lock file and uses
system file locking instead, which should go away automatically when the
office process exits or crashes.

perhaps you could try to set this configuration item, if that works...

(there may also be some way to force opening as a copy automatically,
but i don't know how)