Hi Khaled,

On Fri, 2011-12-02 at 23:43 +0200, Khaled Hosny wrote:
OK, someone will have to remember fixing them when GTK3 is the default :)

        Yes - that will not be for 3.5 though - there are too many issues with
it still I think; it's mostly there for the broadway support (though it
is getting a lot better than it was).

inc/vcl/outdev.hxx:    sal_Bool                IsRTLEnabled() const
{ return mbEnableRTL; }

    on the OutputDevice if we have one around to improve efficiency.

That is too complex for me :p so I'll keep doing what seems to work.

        Right - we don't have an OutputDevice handy there. Of course - it'd be
dead nice if we had a real signal/slot pattern that could be used to
effectively listen for changes in things like this but ... ;-)

On a, not so, different note, I found that setting LibreOffice language
to one different from system language, e.g. LO in Arabic but LANGUAGE is
set to "en" and vice versa, GTK will be using the directionally of the
system language, so stuff that get reversed in RTL will not, while it is
reversed in LibreOffice resulting in the reverse of the bugs being
fixed.

        Haha :-) so that is perhaps hard to avoid for the pure gtk+ dialogs
such as the file-picker; and hopefully mostly a problem for testing,
however for our captive widgets we could re-train them with:

        gtk_widget_set_direction

        as/when it changes; and we could use:

        gtk_widget_set_default_direction

        as well I guess for the native dialogs. Arguably we should have a hook
that does that when we change our direction at run-time. Having said
that - the call looks pretty cheap (if there is no change), so we could
call it a lot ;-)

This is really a huge improvements in the RTL UI, and case I didn't say
it before, LibreOffice is really the best thing that happened to OOo
since it was leashed upon the world (and I like the name, BTW).

        Cool :-) well, LibreOffice is only awesome & fun because of good guys
like you jumping in and improving it left & right.

        Thanks :-)

                Michael.