On 12/05/2011 01:22 PM, Bjoern Michaelsen wrote:
We now have a gbuild makefile on the toplevel and I recurses to get the
Env etc. since shm_get implemented that to get rid of the need to
source the Env in the shell. Unfortunately, make does not pass the -o
stuff down during recursion (and I found no way to make it do that as
the -o stuff is not in MAKEFLAGS), so that change broke the use of -o
and possibly quite a few more advanced flags to GNU make. No one
noticed as people rarely seem to use it unless directly suggested to do
so.

Wouldn't it be better to remove the "recurse to get the Env etc." magic? My understanding is that ultimately we want to get rid of having to source Env.Host.sh by replacing it with a file included by gbuild.mk, not by sourcing it behind the scenes, right? Once we are there, toplevel make command line arguments should behave as expected. I see no need to break that in the meantime.

Stephan