On Mon, 2011-11-28 at 16:51 +0530, deenadayalan k wrote:
Thanks for pointing to references (URL's).

By the way I answered on the mailing-list, it's just because I don't
want to hold such an interesting discussion privately. Please reply to
the mailing-list too: this is archived and could help people coming with
the same question later. I won't even answer to your next private email.

<
You can also find some similar code in OOEclipse:
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/contrib/ooeclipse/tree/core/source/org/openoffice/ide/eclipse/core/office

How can i download the above ../tree/core/source/..? using git?

Sure it's a git repository.

This seems to a eclipse plugin
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/contrib/ooeclipse/tree/core but in this folder hierarchy,
'office' is a folder at ../source/org/openoffice/ide/eclipse/core/office, is this good enough to
open a 'open office' in my own Eclipse RCP application or should i need to download
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/contrib/ooeclipse/tree/core/source?

The whole thing is not even intended to open a document from within
Eclipse. As I said, this is not the code I refer to in the links I gave
you... but another example of how to bootstrap LibreOffice from an
Eclipse plugin. That code is simply getting useful data from the
LibreOffice installation to help developing LibreOffice extensions.

To integrate the 'open office' in my own RCP application, should i
need to install the open office in my computer or i could download the
required *.jar files and then i can create eclipse 'reference
library' (as another plugin) that can be referenced by the actual RCP
application (which opens the excel in open office).

I never liked the embed-the-jars-in-the-plugin attitude and that's why I
never re-used Ubion's code. To be more independent from the installed
version, you should use the installed Jars.

Just to be clear: I don't want to dive again in that mess and haven't
done it for years. The best I can do now for you is to give you the
links and some code pointers to help you, but that's now done. I won't
do the work for you even though I did it once!

Regards,

--
Cédric Bosdonnat
LibreOffice hacker