Alexander Thurgood wrote:
Thorsten, Fridrich, do you have any idea what went wrong with 3.4.4-rc1
Mac OSX DMG?

Having just checked all of the official 3.4.x DMG releases, it turns out
that none of them have pretty background or installation arrow, so this
has been around since 3.4 was branched off.

The 3.3.4 DMG does have the background image and pretty installation icons.

Hi Alex, all,

yep, the problem was a change on the DEV300 code line we merged for
3.4.x, that made additional changes necessary for the underlying
.DS_Store file. Further complicating things are apparently
incompatible changes Apple did to that undocumented binary format,
i.e. .DS_Store files generated on newer OSX versions may not display
correctly on older versions.

So I re-did the changes locally, and uploaded a modified .dmg here -

http://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/daily/Mac_OSX_10.6.0_gcc-4.0.1_x86/LibO_3.4.4rc1_MacOS_x86_install_en-US-modded.dmg

I would _expect_ it to not display correctly on 10.5/10.4. According
to several random pages on the interwebs, we need someone with a
10.4/10.5 to re-do the following steps (cf. people in Cc):

--%<----------------------------------------------------------------

 * make r/w copy of .dmg: hdiutil convert LibO-3.4.4...dmg -format UDRW -o rw.dmg
 * find out current size: hdiutil resize -limits rw.dmg
 * resize with ~random extra sectors: hdiutil resize -sectors <sectors> rw.dmg
 * mount it: hdiutil attach rw.dmg
 * note that /Volumes/LibreOffice/.DS_Store is read-only, change it to
   rw via chmod in the terminal
 * tweak settings to heart's content:
   open View->View options in Finder for the LibO .dmg window
   double-click on the background image, in the then-opening file
   selector, select the LibreOffice volume
   - notice you don't see the hidden .background dir -
   - press Command-Shift-g do be able to select hidden dirs, manually
     enter ".background"
   - in the subdir, select the "background.png"
   - close setting dialog, close LibreOffice .dmg window
 * unmount: hdiutil detach rw.dmg
 * double-click on .dmg in Finder, it should now show the correct
   background image
 * copy out final .DS_Store / upload .dmg somewhere for us to
   dissect

Cheers,

-- Thorsten