Hi Noel & co.

        I'll CC the public dev list on this since it may be of wider interest.

On Mon, 2011-10-24 at 11:24 +0100, Noel Power wrote:
something like this should work ( although doesn't on master or 3.4
but... does appear to work on 3.3 :-/ ) seems like this really is a
regression

        Carlos - reading the code, it looks like 'setVisible' is what you want
to be calling - it -looks- (on a first glance) as if it doesn't save the
state in this case - so it should be something we can call and will not
alter the other documents (but perhaps I'm mistaken).

sub togglefind
layoutManager = thisComponent.currentController.frame.layoutManager
findbarUrl = "private:resource/toolbar/findbar"
bVis = layoutmanager.iselementvisible( "private:resource/toolbar/findbar" )
msgbox "Findbar currently IsVisible? " & bVis

if bVis then
    layoutmanager.hideElement( findbarUrl )
else
     layoutmanager.showelement( findbarUrl )
endif

end sub

        I'm personally suspicious of:

commit 560e5132f606b1fcd790e3cf97d665cec8c442fc