Hi Laurent,

On Thu, 2011-10-20 at 17:19 +0200, Laurent Godard wrote:
before diving in calc large file in november, i have to deal at the
moment with XToolPanel

        Sounds exciting :-)

the purpose is to be able to have things in task pane and manipulate
them using scripting (macro or python at the moment)

        Yep - looks lovely.

i add some succes with
core/testautomation/extensions/optional/input/extension_sources/TaskPaneComponent

        So - you can get a tool panel presented and working for you ? [ do you
get to the green screenshot state ? ].

http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Framework/Article/Tool_Panels

So, I do not have the skills to do the whole refactoring of the
framework module but i would like to try to add the support of toolpanels

        Of course. I wonder what is not working for you (?)

I already looked at some source code and did some rough modification
taking example on other UIElements, but no success for the moment.

        Would love to read the patch.

essentially in
framework/source/uiconfiguration/moduleuiconfigurationmanager.cxx as
using it in scprit, a lot of UIElements are shown but no toolpanels

        Right; unfortunately there is already quite a bit of bulk & duplication
in that beast.

before going further and wasting a lot of time (well, i could see it at
learning), I definitvely need someone that could mentor me and put me in
the right directions (what is really misisng, what should i write, which
UiElement could I take as example)

        So - I'm happy to help - do you have a patch I can play with ? also
what do you want to put in your panel ? [ I for one would love to have
some share-pointy stuff in there, workflows and so on for relevant
documents ].

        All the best,

                Michael.