On 2011-10-19 at 10:17 +0200, Dag Wieers wrote:

to test each of the versions. Of course if you have a large collection of
documents you can have unoconv convert those in batch. Below is some example
failure output from a single run, LibreOffice does seem a bit more stable
than OpenOffice though.

Glad to hear LibreOffice is more stable :-)

I'll say anything to get your help ;-)

What would help most is that you'd run your tests with the most recent
LibreOffice from 'master' (ideally built yourself with dbgutil & symbols
- reporting against 3.2.1 does not make too much sense, too much has
happened in the meantime).  First try to reproduce the crash directly
from LibreOffice (opening the offending file from the file dialog,
instead of calling from ooconv).  If it is possible to reproduce, run
LibreOffice from gdb (or attach gdb to the running process), and produce
a backtrace.  More here:

http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/BugReport#How_to_get_backtrace_.28on_Linux.29

Since I'd like to involve my users in the debugging process (ie. make it as straight-forward as possible so they can report as much as possible), who should I talk to to have debuginfo RPM packages ?

When you cannot reproduce it from LibreOffice itself, it will be harder
- try to attach gdb to the LO running the conversion, or something.

I may not be able to reproduce an existing case, but they happen so often that it doesn't really matter. I can do those batch conversions over and over again with gdb attached until it crashes.

Unless you expect gdb to influence the behaviour ?

I am sure in the end you'll end up with just few classes of errors, with
backtraces - that will help us a lot to fix them; or maybe you'll be
able to fix it then yourself (with our help)?

Don't overestimate a sysadmins skills :)

--
-- dag wieers, dag@wieers.com, http://dag.wieers.com/
-- dagit linux solutions, info@dagit.net, http://dagit.net/