On 18/10/11 12:21, Lubos Lunak wrote:
On Monday 17 of October 2011, Michael Stahl wrote:
since my smoketest failed again today, i've distracted myself a bit with
GDB Python scripting, the result of which is a command that can break
when an exception is thrown, but only if a certain function (which is
given as parameter) is on the stack.

seems to work, but it is quite slow: finding the smoketest exception in
SfxBaseModel::getTitle takes GDB 4 minutes of CPU time.

now probably somebody will tell me that i'm too stupid to RTFM and there
is a much simpler way to do this :)

  Possibly 'help catch' and 'help commands' could make this easier/faster, but
I have not actually tried it.

my idea at first was to add a breakpoint at function entry with a command that enables "catch throw" and another breakpoint at function exit that disables. then i thought about things such as recursion and multiple threads, and how the heck do you set a breakpoint at function exit, and wrote the brute force stack lookup instead :)