Hello,
since I had free time, I have taken over to eliminate the "scope reduction" warning from cppcheck in order to reduce the noise by checks.

This has been done almost successfully, about 10 such warnings are still available due to #ifdefn or macros. This also allowed me to reduce other warnings (like hiding of var) and to find some errors introduced by recent changes.

Every change has been checked and done "manually", finding also some false positives (and one false negative). I have tested several clean build with different options, discovering so some too hard scope reduction (some #ifdefn masking some if statement). But I guess there are - sadly - some configurations where I did not notice that I broke something. (Murphy's Law lurks somewhere near us). So my apologies in advance.

I will push it during the week-end, once I am finished with rebasing and after a last clean build.

If some build option is broken, just revert the concerned commit: they are on purpose small and isolated. The log indicates the top directory and when possible the file where (the) change(s) has been done.

Regards
Pierre-André