Le 18/09/2011 17:45, Joost Eekhoorn a écrit :
Hi Julien,
Hi Joost,

I tried several evenings to implement only the vertical alignment of fdo#31005, but I fail. Fine that you will look at this issue.

1. tblafmt.cxx and tblafmt.hxx are the main places for writer, but you have also to look at sc/inc/autoformat.hxx, because the autoformat in calc and witer are related!
I took a look at sw/inc/tblafmt.hxx, I was quite astonished to read this :
 // Calc specific
     99     SvxHorJustifyItem   aHorJustify;
    100     SvxVerJustifyItem   aVerJustify;
    101     SfxBoolItem         aStacked;
    102     SvxMarginItem       aMargin;
    103     SfxBoolItem         aLinebreak;
    104     SfxInt32Item        aRotateAngle;
    105     SvxRotateModeItem   aRotateMode;

In sc/inc/autoform.hxx, you can read too :
 // Writer specific
    107     SvxAdjustItem               aAdjust;

2. Each time a new feature is added to table-autoformat, a new AUTOFORMAT_ID must be created, so it would be nice to add several features once, otherwise we get very many IDs.
A search of AUTOFORMAT_ID on opengrok gives these results :
- sw/source/core/doc/tblafmt.cxx
- sc/source/core/tool/autoform.cxx
A quick reading shows it's quite the same structure

3. First I tought that the vertical alignment was in SvxParaVertAlignItem (editeng/inc/editeng/paravertalignitem.hxx), but then I found out that is done by SwFmtVertOrient (sw/inc/fmtornt.hxx). The last one can not be seen by calc, thus that gives a problem with point 1
I don't know what's the role of editengine, I only found this :
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/Code_Overview#editeng
.4. I have Implemented SwFmtVertOrient, but it did not autoformat the table.
Have you already commited and pushed something about this ?

I understand better now why this bug has been there since years.
At this point, I don't know if it can be resolved effectively and safely without some refactoring.

Julien.

PS : Perhaps http://api.libreoffice.org/ could help too

Regards
Joost