On Mon, 2011-09-05 at 05:49 -0500, Norbert Thiebaud wrote:
maybe we could have that behavior be a config option ? that way box
that don;t need it (tinderboxes that do make clean/make
systematically)

For the tinderbox side of things, or for the similar
distro-build-machine side of things where the build is built once and
thrown away then --disable-dependency-tracking (which is a generic
autogen-based flag, even if our impl is custom) is the way to go, to not
do that sort of dependency generation at all, regardless of the extra
header pseudo-rules.

--disable-dependency-tracking may have come unstuck in gbuild land,
haven't looked at it recently.

C.