On Sep 2, 2011, at 5:13 PM, Lionel Elie Mamane wrote:
- For the question of which symbols for OPropertySetHelper2 to list
in the various map files, see
<http://udk.openoffice.org/common/man/apicppclasses.html> (you
probably need access to builds on the various platforms to find out
the correct mangled names).

It does not say to export the vtable; I assume the vtable "obviously"
has to be exported.

No, need not be exported (if none of the ctors and dtors are inline).

It says:

 If the destructor of a class is declared virtual, declare the
 destructors of all its base classes virtual. (To have a dedicated
 place where RTTI for the base classes is generated, which is
 referenced by the RTTI for the derived class. Since in general you
 cannot control the ways a class is used, the best advice probably is
 to do this for each class that is intended to be subclassed.)

Well, we cannot do that anymore, since that would break ABI on
OPropertySetHelper2. Can we "safely" ignore this instruction here?

Yes.

Revised patch attached; if it is good to go (especially with respect
to questions above), I'll commit (with a better commit message).

gcc3.map in the latest patch (sent this morning):

- Do not export vtable (see above).

- Comment out the RTTI symbols (_ZTI, _ZTS), as they are already implicitly exported in GCC_3_0_0
section via some hackery.  ("This implies that any _ZTI and _ZTS symbols covered by the previous
point are always exported with version GCC_3_0_0, which defeats the correct use of versioning for
those symbols.")

- Do not export the thunks (_ZThn), not needed externally.

-Stephan