Hi all,

On 2 September 2011 08:31, Jan Holesovsky <kendy@suse.cz> wrote:
Hi Norbert,

On 2011-09-01 at 23:43 -0500, Norbert Thiebaud wrote:

Ah right, I just copied the way the response file was created in the old
implementation; Tempfile.mk sounds better.

wouldn't it be nicer and more efficient to adapt iclc to have a mode
where stdin is the list of file to compile(1) ?
the ouput follow usually a pattern based on the input file....
that way you avoid the whole tempfile dance...

Oh indeed, and that would allow to do all of them at once; though
again, I wonder how would it compare to the per-directory approach
with -j > 1...  Hard to fine-tune it :-)

If it's possible to process more at once it would be better I think.
The thing is that the directories are too small to make that really faster.

Anyway, I'm going to push this.
May be the gbuild part could be written nicer but I have done that
this way, feel free to change anybody.

Matúš