On Sep 1, 2011, at 9:26 PM, Stephan Bergmann wrote:
On Sep 1, 2011, at 3:47 PM, Matúš Kukan wrote:
That's not about makefiles. debugDump() is not marked for exporting,
you can do this in cxx file with SAL_DLLPUBLIC_EXPORT
or in hxx files. But in hxx you need to use library specific macro defined as in
http://opengrok.libreoffice.org/xref/core/basebmp/inc/basebmp/bitmapdevice.hxx#42
It's more complicated because of error in windows compilers, I think.

I have pushed this one. (
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=e21822008dff0c618e8947d7343bc70d51d47ec3
)

You cannot do it that way -- it will not work on Windows.  See
<http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Symbol_Visibility> for details (in short, you need the
BASEBMP_DLLPUBLIC/BASEBMP_DLLIMPLEMENTATION stuff in the header file if you want to be able to
link against the function on Windows).

Will try to remember to prepare a proper patch tomorrow, unless someone beats me to it…

Promised to write up a patch, so here it comes.  (It cleans up basebmp visibility handling in
accordance with <http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Symbol_Visibility>.)  HOWEVER:  Due to an
unfortunate chain of events, I was unable to actually try it out right now.  So, Matúš (or whoever
else), if you are willing to try it out, fix the inadvertent typo, and push it, that would be great.

Thanks,
-Stephan