On 08/26/2011 11:57 PM, hrikjsenvagt-lo@yahoo.dk wrote:
Hi Bjôrn

Could not totally remove
'./g checkout `git name-rev --name-only HEAD`' as I got an
error but replaced it with 'git checkout master'
'./g -f stash pop' had to be replaced with 'git stash pop || :'
as it generated an error caught by jenkins if no stash was found.
Out commented subsequenttests as it still does not build.

Btw.  with only the core.git a "make all && make dev-install' only takes around 28 mins, on  my
i7-860 :-)

--Henrik

(HenrikJ on #libreoffice-dev)

Hi Bjoern

As said in the previous post I got some errors when pulling without checkout
first so I had to add: 'git checkout master'
Error msgs:
+ git pull -r
You are not currently on a branch, so I cannot use any
'branch.<branchname>.merge' in your configuration file.
Please specify which remote branch you want to use on the command
line and try again (e.g. 'git pull <repository> <refspec>').
See git-pull(1) for details.
Build step 'Execute shell' marked build as failure
Finished: FAILURE
(I guess I should have used "git checkout `git name-rev --name-only HEAD`" but
will the name of the master ever change from 'master'?)

A questions regarding the removal/replacement of
'./g checkout `git name-rev --name-only HEAD`':

Wouldn’t it make more sense, if given it is required to checkout
before pull, to move the checkout to after the git stash save
so your local changes does not disappear?
---------------------
# git checkout master
./download
git stash save
git checkout master
git pull -r
git stash pop || :
git branch -v

btw. there is an option in the git plugin:
'Checkout/merge to local branch (optional)'
I guess we could set that to 'master' to replace the script line 'git checkout
master' but then again that would be done before we could stash save?

--Henrik