On Mon, 2011-08-22 at 13:34 +0200, Tomáš Chvátal wrote:
Attaching the patch without the .sh altering.

I want the outcome of what the patch does, but right now...

a) PREFIXDIR isn't honoured I think, so the current sub wouldn't point
to the place it gets installed into for the "make install" case with a
non-default /usr/local prefix ?
b) For the internally created .rpms/.debs it won't point to the location
where libreoffice gets installed into by default, which
is /opt/something.or.other and currently unknown at configure time I
think ?
c) I think it would do something screwy on windows seeing as basis-link
isn't a proper link there.

So probably should have a single sub for the whole expression so that
its empty for the non-system-python case anyway which makes c go away
and removes the-tweak for the case where it's definitely not needed.

Then I guess we should either
1. do the sub at *installation* time so that whether using make install
or building rpms/debs we get the right location ?
2. merge "prefix" and the default location where the .rpms/.debs install
into so that PREFIXDIR is always the right variable for where
LibreOffice ends up ?

I suppose we remain screwed for a relocatable packages case, but don't
know if those work anyway, edge-case for sure. And I suppose we could go
a step further and install pyuno into site-packages for the
system-python case.

C.