On Tue, Aug 23, 2011 at 10:05:04AM +0100, Michael Meeks wrote:
Hi Lionel,

On Mon, 2011-08-22 at 18:30 +0200, Lionel Elie Mamane wrote:
I just got bitten by the fact that:
..
Does not make the libreoffice in ./install use the new changed code;
is this to be considered a bug, or are some modules on purpose not
symlinked but copied in a dev-install for some reason?

      Right :-) so - this is down to solenv/bin/linkoo which has:

my @exceptions = ( 'cppuhelper', 'sunjavaplugin', 'libjvmfwk' );

      Everything should be linked except these libraries. Unfortunately this
little lot ;-) do (or used to do) deep black magic - they force the
linker to tell them exactly where they are located, and then they locate
the rest of the LibreOffice install in relation to that.

      So - if they are normally in:

      prefix/ure/lib/libuno_cppuhelper.so.3

      Then they look in ../../basis-3.5/program - for their binaries - so if
you link them into the solver - then ... you get rather a poor
result ;-)

      Now - having said that - now I look, it seems there are a number of
libraries that are not linked in ure/lib/ and some that are - it would
be well worth checking why that is I suppose.

I stumbled upon that independently when working on my pretty printers
(and on the same day Lionel did, by some weird coincidence :) The
problem was that linkoo only linked libs with extension .so, but most of
the libs in ure/lib have extension .so.3 . It should be fixed in master
by commit 3c8f40e039b4d32cced201022050769eb40a3a49 . It ignores the
MACOSX case, because I think MACOSX does not have versioned libs. If I
am mistaken, this must be changed too.

D.