Hi all,

Recently noticed something very odd about the contents of content.xml. It looks like a text span has been placed around every individual word, with a different one around every individual space:

</text:span><text:span text:style-name="T1">Web</text:span><text:span text:style-name="T2">. </text:span><text:span text:style-name="T1">But</text:span><text:span text:style-name="T2"> </text:span><text:span text:style-name="T1">it</text:span><text:span text:style-name="T2"> </text:span><text:span text:style-name="T1">is</text:span><text:span text:style-name="T2"> </text:span><text:span text:style-name="T1">not</text:span><text:span text:style-name="T2">

...etc.

I can only imagine this makes the files somewhat bigger than I would have thought was necessary?

More of a problem for me is that I was using a shell script to inflate content.xml and grep it for a certain string within the text. I was accounting for odd whitespace, but obviously this mad tagging thwarted such a simple approach. Have now adapted with a perl script to strip all xml tags before grepping, but I'm still curious about why content.xml appears this way?

Might it be because the file was imported from .doc format? Is it a transformation "bug" of some kind?

Bests,

--Ryan