Marco wrote:
For each slide all animations are exported into the svg document:
the exported animation elements are the same that are created by
the odp format exporter.

Interesting - but maybe easier to have some pre-processed subset
first?

Well surely I chose the hard way, but indeed after seeing how
animations are exported in odp, it looks to me the more natural
one.
Not sure what you mean with "to have some pre-processed subset"
could you elaborate ?

Hi Marco,

as outlined below - hard-code a fixed set of effects.

What I am aiming to do is to perform a selective port of the
slideshow engine to JavaScript. I'm still analyzing the animation
engine implementation though, and I have to admit that is not a
smooth path.
Obviously the benefits would worth the effort, making a strong
base for being able to implement the shape effects more easily.
For instance I have already a good idea of how to port animation
node classes, but then there is the need for events and activities
too.

As for exploiting the smil-subset supported by the svg language,
I took it into account, anyhow after performing some test I saw
that support for it is lacking in Firefox 3.6.x and above all in
Internet Explorer 9, and also Google Chrome have same issue.

I'd strongly advise against trying to reimplement the animation
engine just yet. It's a large surface to cover - better have a
handful of animations hardcoded, that work next week - if there's
time later on, as I said, would be happy to see it. ;)

Cheers,

-- Thorsten