On Tue, 2011-07-26 at 10:02 +0100, Caolán McNamara wrote:
On Mon, 2011-07-25 at 20:46 -0400, Terrence Enger wrote:
(snip)
Will the smoketest survive a raised assertion?

Hmm, it depends. In indeed might be failing on a debug-only assertion. I
do run it in --enable-dbgutil mode but not --enable-debug.

I have wimped out: reconfigured without --enable-debug and
rebuilt the whole thing; then `make dev-install` worked.

For the smoketest itself, if it fails the best thing to do is to run it
manually, it's just a document with some macros in it and draws a pretty
table at the end of what failed and what passed. So, after a failed make
dev-install, you still have an install in
solver/350/unxlng*/installation

run the soffice from there, turn off macro security with
options->security->macros->low and manually open the smoketestdoc.sxw in
smoketestdoc/unxlng*/bin and click the start button and see what
happens.

Neither in the previous build nor in the current does the
"Macro Security" button bring up the dialog I expect.  Dunno
what I did wrong; just hope it doesn't come back to bite me
later.

Thank you for your help.
Terry.