Hi Olivier,

On Fri, 2011-07-22 at 14:47 -0300, Olivier Hallot wrote:
I am behind a firewall and cannot use git directly. I downloaded 3.3.3
tarballs from the site.

        Great :-) encouraging indeed.

Are there instructions specific to build from the source donwloaded as
tarballs?

        Not sure; clearly most people build from git. If you want to build
3.3.3 from git that is easy too: you can clone it in the normal way, and
then do:

        ./autogen.sh
        ./download
        ./g checkout libreoffice-3-3-3

        in the checkout - and you will have what you need.

I ask that because the build seems to require the tarballs to be in a
specific place, and also requires them to be a git folder (which they
aren't)

        Right ; prolly in the src/ directory inside the 'build' module.

Of course I am missing something, so can I have a light on how to
build without git?

        Of course, you don't want to configure with --with-git - but otherwise
(I hope) it should work. Having said that the 3.3.3 build is pretty
baroque compared  to what we have in 3.4.x and master...

        HTH,

                Michael.