I'm just moving the packaging process for ArchLinux to make use of
--enable-split-app-modules in 3.4.2rc1. I'm running into some small problems:

1) I have to pass yes to the install process due to some overwritten
files: yes | make DESTDIR=${srcdir}/fakeinstall distro-pack-install

Installer finished

Installation finished, you can now execute:
/usr/lib/libreoffice/program/soffice
./bin/distro-install-clean-up
Cleaning up ...
Fixing permissions...
Checking for DESTDIR inside installed files...
./bin/distro-install-desktop-integration
Copying icons ..
Copying GNOME icons ..
chmod: cannot operate on dangling symlink `/build/src/fakeinstall/usr/bin/libreoffice'
/build/src/build
mv: try to overwrite `base.desktop', overriding mode 0444 (r--r--r--)? j
mv: try to overwrite `calc.desktop', overriding mode 0444 (r--r--r--)? j
mv: try to overwrite `draw.desktop', overriding mode 0444 (r--r--r--)? j
mv: try to overwrite `impress.desktop', overriding mode 0444 (r--r--r--)? j
mv: try to overwrite `javafilter.desktop', overriding mode 0444 (r--r--r--)? j
mv: try to overwrite `math.desktop', overriding mode 0444 (r--r--r--)? j
mv: try to overwrite `printeradmin.desktop', overriding mode 0444 (r--r--r--)? j
mv: try to overwrite `qstart.desktop', overriding mode 0444 (r--r--r--)? j
mv: try to overwrite `startcenter.desktop', overriding mode 0444 (r--r--r--)? j
mv: try to overwrite `writer.desktop', overriding mode 0444 (r--r--r--)? j
/build/src/build
Install /usr/bin/lobase
Install /usr/share/man/man1/lobase.1.gz

2) the /usr/share/applications/base.desktop file goes not only into the "base" filelist but also
into the common
pkg file list. I had to remove it from the common pkg file list.

3) I'm running into a build issue when using --with-lang="":
Error: ../unxlngx6.pro/misc/sysui/dummy/localize.sdf 0 Bytes!
Error: 1 damaged files encountered

I'm removing the --with-lang or add --with-lang="en-US" now to get
en-US langpack included. But there's no full langpack/helpfile file list created.
Only the splitted files in orig/gid_Modules_... are there.

Any idea how to get the full langpack file list for installation?

Without any langpack installed I get this error that I can solve with installing
any other langpack from the rpms, but there's now en-US langpack:
[andyrtr@workstation64 trunk]$ libreoffice
Missing vcl resource. This indicates that files vital to localization are missing. You might have a
corrupt installation.
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'com::sun::star::uno::RuntimeException'

Beside this this splitting looks working well, also all desktop integration seems to work.

-Andy