On Sun, 2011-07-17 at 08:13 +0200, Francois Tigeot wrote:
Hi,

It seems like OTempFileService, defined and implemented in
libs-gui/unotools/source/ucbhelper is unused.

There's no mention of this name elsewhere in the tree, and LibreOffice
builds and run fine without the files removed by the attached patch.
One of the methods of this class is already in the list of unused functions.

I don't see any OTempFileService methods in the unused list ?

Howewer, since it involves UNO, this code may be loaded at runtime by an
obscure corner of the gui I'm not aware of.

unotools/util/utl.component registers that a component called
com.sun.star.io.comp.TempFile which provides the
com.sun.star.io.TempFile service is available in the unotools lib

Where an extra "utl" string is to be prefixed to the stock
component_getFactory entry point string to give an entry point of
utl_component_getFactory as the symbol which can be dlsymed and executed
with the component name ("com.sun.star.io.comp.TempFile") in order to
get one.

utl_component_getFactory then calls
OTempFileService::createServiceFactory_Static ->
XTempFile_createInstance -> XTempFile_createInstance and returns a
OTempFileService.

So, its used by anything which asks for com.sun.star.io.TempFile e.g.
http://opengrok.libreoffice.org/xref/components/package/source/zippackage/ZipPackageStream.cxx#188
where that ..->createInstance("com.sun.star.io.TempFile") call should
get mapped to an appropiate call to utl_component_getFactory to
basically get a OTempFileService back.

C.