I guess we're too short of volunteers right now to have a better strategy :)

So wait and see it is!

Marc-André Laverdière
Software Security Scientist
Innovation Labs, Tata Consultancy Services
Hyderabad, India

On 07/06/2011 11:30 AM, Jonathan Aquilina wrote:

On 06/07/2011 07:54, Marc-André Laverdière wrote:
Hello Jonathan,

I asked a similar question before. LO will keep supporting Java for
UNO (extensions) for sure.
Right now, LO doesn't bundle a JVM, and I think it will remain like
that :) So whichever JVM the user uses will be invoked to run whatever
code is needed.

There might be some incompatibilities between Java 7 and previous
versions that may cause some bugs. I hope not, sincerely.

I haven't heard of a Java 7 testing plan in place though. Maybe you
could initiate one?