On 24 June 2011 17:57, Michael Meeks <michael.meeks@novell.com> wrote:

On Fri, 2011-06-24 at 16:08 +0100, Caolán McNamara wrote:
I never really bothered to look at
component_getImplementationEnvironment but I wonder if that could be
elided in 90% of cases. i.e. that all merged libraries are going to have
the same body there anyway.

Well, that seems to be true. I haven't look at all yet. There is about
240 of them.

       AFAICS it is a total waste of breath :-) Matus - this is another task
worth looking at - can you do an audit of all
component_getImplementationEnvironment calls and see if any do anything
interesting ? [ and what the default is if it is not there ] :-) one fun
cleanup may be just binning all of them.

Mostly there is just: *ppEnvTypeName =
CPPU_CURRENT_LANGUAGE_BINDING_NAME; (this was in all I have renamed)
with occasional test: if( ppEnvTypeName != 0 )
But sometimes there also exist things like in:
http://opengrok.libreoffice.org/xref/components/extensions/source/preload/services.cxx#59
That doesn't seem interesting to me, but I don't know, maybe it
actually does something relevant.

And default is: throw loader::CannotActivateFactoryException.
There always has to be some function.
But it's only used to set one variable in shlib.cxx.
So, if CPPU_CURRENT_LANGUAGE_BINDING_NAME can be also defined in
shlib, we could use that directly to set the variable.

I may be missing something but if not I'd just remove
component_getImplementationEnvironment if it is not doing something
special and set the variable directly in shlib.

Matus