Hi Luke,

Luke Symes píše v Pá 24. 06. 2011 v 17:27 +1200:

I'm interested in working on gui stuff, especially the custom
animation workflow. I'm going to look at the reason for the slowdown
with changing animation properties; something to do with the "presets
list" taking ages to generate each time...
I'm interested in making libreoffice more 'native' on linux, although
that seems like it might take a while to understand how to improve the
situation there :)
Would it be good to go to the UX list for ideas/discussion do you
think?

This is cool!  I have a list of my favorite UI annoyances that I'd like
to fix over time, but of course, I you are interested in taking some of
them over, that would be great :-) - I have proposed them as GSoC task
previously:

http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/Gsoc/Ideas#UI_cleanup

Actually, I have already fixed one of those ("Less intrusive look of the
toolbar button that leads to the hidden tools & menu" -
http://artax.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~kendy/blog/archives/monthly/2011-06.html#2011-06-14T10_29_17.htm).

The easy ones include eg. the use mouse wheel over the zoom tool, or
blinking of the Start centre buttons, the more complicated would be the
re-think of what to do with our disappearing and reappearing toolbars
when you scroll a document in Writer.  [But you seem to be interested
more in Impress, right?]

Wrt. the UX list, we have libreoffice-ux-advise@lists.freedesktop.org .
If you want to hack on something UX-related, just propose your solution
there, and you'll get the feedback quickly :-)

All the best,
Kendy