Hi Michael,

On 20 June 2011 16:02, Michael Meeks <michael.meeks@novell.com> wrote:
On Sun, 2011-06-19 at 23:30 +0200, Matúš Kukan wrote:
Now I'm playing with makefiles and next week I want to merge
some libraries.

       Heh - hopefully we can identify which libraries to merge there; then I
guess we will need to come up with a strategy for doing that cleanly -
particularly each dependent library & binary will need re-linking and
their Makefile's updating to reflect that I suppose.

So, I was thinking if it is possible just to do some magic like 'merge
libX.so libY.so > libXY.so'
and tell components X and Y to use libXY.so. But probably not or it's
not clean solution.
So we will stop creating lib(X|Y).so and in some Makefile just create
one library from all the source files?
And what if they are from different modules?

       So - we should do it with a couple of libraries first, and only after
some consensus is reached on how to do that - you're researching which
ones are best to merge now I think ? :-)

I'm sending list of libraries together with modules they belong to.
Maybe I could try to merge framework ones?
fwe and fwi shouldn't belong to UNO component. Just fwk, fwl, fwm. But
only fwk is used 5 times.

Matus