Le 11/06/11 16:46, Samuel Cantrell a écrit :

Hi Samuel,

I was on the Default UI Improvements wiki page, and it linked to
https://sites.google.com/site/rgbmldcwriterideas/home/default-values,
which had some comments about default values that could be changed in
LibreOffice.

One of those was the removal of the data sources button, as it's not
used very much. I coded some patches that remove it in Writer and
Calc.

Does anyone have any comments on whether the data sources button should stay?

My first comment as a frequent user of that button is : thanks, but no
thanks.

My second comment, which is more of a question, would be : where is the
evidence to back up your statement of "its not used very much" ? I don't
recall seeing any questions being asked on any of the OOo forums or on
the discuss or user mailing lists.

My third remark is : I take it that you have deactivated the DSB
(datasource browser) functionality at the same time and freed up F4 for
something else you might deem more useful ? (with a slight tinge of
irony in my voice).

Thin end of the wedge IMO.

Alex