Hi Matus,

On Mon, 2011-06-06 at 21:40 +0200, Matúš Kukan wrote:
could you please have a look at
http://kcachegrind.sourceforge.net/html/CallgrindFormat.html
1.4 Extended Example

        Looks fun :-)

If we would like to 'hide' just func1 there is no way to include its
cost into main because it's calling func2, which is not hidden.

        True - then again, we could make func1 of zero cost - pushing all its
self cycles up into its caller (?) so it still exists in the call tree,
but with an apparently instant effect ? ;-)

We could add all its inclusive cost to main but that would be
what we want? Maybe yes, if we want to hide objects (libraries)
that are calling just themselves and hidden objects.
And that's probably the case. Is it?

        So - I guess the problem is then when functions call themselves,
perhaps some recursive 'qsort' caller when glibc is hidden ( or whatever
similar madness ;-).

And do we want also loose information about calling such function?
Like it was just jump into another place or something like that and
still the same function?

        Not sure :-) I guess we prolly want to build (or re-use) some simple
test code - does kcachegrind have a couple of test libraries that it can
be used to profile ?

        Thanks,

                Michael.