Hi Anurag,

So, here is the change I made in the feature/calc-multiline-input
branch:

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/libs-core/commit/?h=feature/calc-multiline-input&id=844d09c4cf6d08bb58e1b37a5ee7335320880654
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/calc/commit/?h=feature/calc-multiline-input&id=17114c1d598f4127e99bb771b120dabee2649a3b

The changes are in sfx2 and sc, so please cd into those two modules and
run git pull -r to get my changes.

The change in sfx2 is a cherry-pick from master, to fix text input
problems.  Without that, the first two data input into a cell fails.

The highlight of my change is to always use edit engine to draw text in
the input bar, even in the single-line display mode.  This will make the
code a lot simpler.  In fact, I've removed a huge chunk of code
associated with this change to make it easier for you to work on.

With this change, the edit engine and the associated edit view instances
are created right after the construction of ScTextWnd instance, and they
remain alive until the ScTextWnd instance dies.  Again, with this
change, ScTextWnd::StopEditEngine() call is effectively a no-op (for
now).

What you need to do now is to figure out a way to only show a single
line at a line, but modifying the position and size of the output area
in ScTextWnd::Resize() call, where I've left a TODO comment.  Once you
take care of that, you can move on to complete other stuff to finish up
the single-line display mode (and anything else you have in mind).

Regards,

Kohei

--
Kohei Yoshida, LibreOffice hacker, Calc