Hi Tor,

On Mon, 2011-05-30 at 14:08 -0600, Tor Lillqvist wrote:
--disable-python. "Disable build of Python 2.x UNO API"
--enable-ext-scripting-python. "Enables support for scripts in Python"
--with-system-python. "Use Python already on system"

        Of course, there are not eight meaningful combinations; if you disable
python you get nothing at all. But is the optionality a problem ? Would
you prefer a:

        --with-python=disable,system,internal

        option instead ? if so - go for it ;-) but I don't know that it will
really help much.

        The --enable-ext-scripting-python thing is IMHO an abomination - since
it is disabled by default, and (AFAIK even if compiled, not installed)
thus ensuring that most developers don't build and run the code that we
ship.

        IMHO - that is the thing that most needs fixing; I'd love to slave that
option to enable-python (personally). Then again - the other
--enable-ext-scripting-foo things also need IMHO to be auto-enabled if
the pre-requisites are there too so ... ;-)

        HTH,

                Michael.