Hi John,

On Sun, 2011-05-29 at 11:09 -0700, John LeMoyne Castle wrote:
The fixes in this area seem to be done and applied only in 3.4 rc2.  From
looking in other areas of work on rc2, I think I am seeing the same patching
pattern where the rc is ahead of master.

        Yes - this is a distressing, festering wart in our lives as of today.

        *But*

        it is not really related to the process; but is particularly festering
because the back merge (which should happen regularly) has been delayed
by ~a month - and we are still waiting for Kendy to do that.

        This is, apparently related to problems merging m106. So - Kendy -
dudie ? can you comment / and/or inject some hope ? ;-)

        As more people start working on master instead of 3.4 this becomes
increasingly urgent. Also - the longer we wait, the worse it gets as
master diverges (I suspect). Is there any way we can parallelise that
work ? what is the status ? how can people jump in to help out ? etc.

        Thanks,

                Michael.