On Mon, 2011-05-23 at 10:18 +0200, Bjoern Michaelsen wrote:
I have taken a look at the class and all it does is provide
string resources via the good ol' tools ressource manager.

        Beautiful :-) I suspect (hope) that this impl. behavioural detail can
be tweaked, and that only the wizards use it: after all, would a
component author really be crazy enough to compile / create a lot of
resource files ?

I have thrown out all the crap and ended up with 100 lines of code

        Nice :-) and new/clean/MPL+GPLv3+ code: even better.

The only disadvantage as of now is that you now get each string
separate and lock the SolarMutex each time.

        Hah - the cost of locking a mutex per user-visible-string is
approximately nil - and it doesn't add any new threading problems that a
GetStrings() wouldn't have; so fine - lets wait till it shows on a
profile [ but what with jitting Java & so on ... this is noise ].

If the old VclStringResourceLoader implementation is not used elsewhere
anymore, we should kill it off. If there is stuff still depending on it,
we should replace that and kill it off then.

        Oh ! as in add a new one, and kill the old one off: I guess ... the
question is, will we remember to remove the old code if we don't kill it
day #1 ? :-) [ I think not ]. It'd be great to rip/replace now. It seems
we only have:

        wizards/source/tools/Misc.xba
and     wizards/com/sun/star/wizards/common/Resource.java
and     extensions/workben/testresource.cxx

        the last of which we can easily kill and/or turn into a run-time unit
test I guess.

        Thanks !

                Michael.