Hi guys,

        So ... it seems that Julian has some cool stuff to allow valgrind to be
run under windows (sort of): not as nice as Tor's native port of course
(a great end-goal), but pretty sexy.

        Apparently the wine allocators have been marked up and it should be
possible to valgrind libreoffice when running under wine. Apparently
this tool is deadly useful for firefox debugging.

        I was wondering - if anyone had played with this: give the huge gobs of
developer time tracking odd bugs that valgrind saves on Linux - I'd hope
this could be really useful - and (perhaps) show up some odd crashers
that have been hidden in the win32 platform specific stuff (?).

        HTH,

                Michael.

--- Begin Message ---

      So the Wine allocators have valgrind annotations / or valgrind has
hook
for them by default these days ?

The Wine allocators have V annotations, although they are not very good.
I have a patch (for Wine) that improves them.

Also .. importantly, Wine tells V when it should read the .PDB (line number
info etc) for a DLL that just got loaded, since V can't figure that out
itself.

      Why do you send such interesting mails just to me ? can I forward to
the dev list ?

cos I'm a numbskull?  Yes, pls feel free to fwds to lo-dev@.

--- End Message ---