Hi Peter,

On Wed, 2011-05-04 at 14:30 -0400, Peter Teeson wrote:
Well I resumed the "first" build and it seems as though the downloads
did finally complete. But the post download checks indicate
incomplete dependencies.

        Ho hum - that is unfortunate; it is possible that you're missing some
symlinks links - what does your 'ls -l' look like in libo/ (which I
assume is just a rename of 'bootstrap').

What to do from here?

        :-) persist; when we get it fixed for you - hopefully we'll fix it for
others too.

(It takes me back to the 70's and my mainframe assembler
system programmer days)

        Well - our build system is (unfortunately) a little like that; we are
working to try to improve it in several ways.

(As I said don't take this personally. I'm trying to get up to
speed so as to contribute)

        Of course.

Fetching dependencies for module l10ntools from solver... failed

ERROR: incomplete dependencies!

        This basically means it is missing a module 'l10ntools' that should be:

$ ls -l l10ntools
lrwxrwxrwx 2 michael users 56 Mar 24 11:00 l10ntools -> .../bootstrap/clone/libs-gui/l10ntools

        So - I suspect (somehow) your libs-gui checkout failed. If you re-run
'make' or ./download it may fix that; removing clone/libs-gui and trying
again (perhaps you have a corrupt git repo there) might help - but at
least it looks like you're a lot closer to a build.

        Thanks for persisting ! :-) I guess, if we can show that git is
producing corrupt repositories when it is aborted during download - it
might be good to patch download to detect that, and remove broken
directories (out of interest how did you kill the download -ctrl-c-
interactively, or something harder ? )

        All the best,

                Michael.