On Sat, 2011-04-16 at 20:58 +0200, Bjoern Michaelsen wrote:
On Sat, 16 Apr 2011 16:30:52 +0100
Caolán McNamara <caolanm@redhat.com> wrote:

We're in transition from one build system to the other, and its still
unclear to me in the new one how to set one target as a dependency of
the other :-). I know in Module_lotuswordpro.mk I want the target
inside CppunitTest_foo that uses services.rdb to depend on
Package_qa_cppunit.mk which calls the Makefile that creates
services.rdb so that services.rdb exists before we attempt to use it.

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/filters/commit/?id=3671d9e96625c96d42276c36652e7ccf2eed5c3d

The uses_ure still is new and makes it currently only depend on the
services.rdb from solver. It is not really relevant yet as we are
building that file in the old build system still, so your change to
prj/build.lst is dead-on. Once we migrate ure to gbuild it will be good
to have the uses_ure stuff in place already.

Nah, that "I need the ure services.rdb" bit is straightforward enough.

There's a secondary issue (afaict) wrt parallel building, isn't there ?

i.e. gb_Module_add_check_targets of "Package_qa_cppunit" and
"CppunitTest_lotuswordpro", i.e. the test that uses the locally
generated services.rdb (in addition to the ure one) doesn't (seem to?)
depend on the custom Package rule that generates that local
services.rdb.

e.g. make -sr clean && make -sr -j10 should trigger it fairly reliably.

maybe we don't really need custom rules here, its all one of a common
pattern, perhaps worth adding a gb_CppunitTest_add_component_files sort
of thing and stick the "build a local services.rdb by stripping out
"program"" into a common rule that takes its input from that and can be
a optional dependency of the gb_CppunitTest_CppunitTest rule and can get
rid then of the custom rules in sc and lotuswordpro etc.

C.