cocofan wrote:
  Attached is a patch for the Easy Hack removing commented out code
(dead or uncompiled code).

Hi cocofan,

cool, many thanks for that cleanup - pushed with a few tweaks:

 * stuff commented out with a todo-mark - paraphrased intent into
   one-liner todo statement, we usually want to keep those reminders
 * references to bug ids (#i35937 mostly) - we also usually want to
   keep those ids around, of course without loads of disabled code
   alongside
 * whitespace-only changes - elided them, as they make merging
   unnecessarily painful

******Note to Thorsten:
  In the next few days I'm going email a partially-working patch of the
old Autolayout code from 2009.  It's going to take some doing as the old
patch doesn't apply at all to the new build (the directories are
different) and I'm manually separating out the code and adding it
gradually (there's quite a bit of rewriting to do).  Should I send this
to you directly instead of the mailing list as its not something that
will be added to the main repository right now?

Wow, looking forward to that - please mail to this list, we love
sharing and public discussions. :)

Cheers,

-- Thorsten