On Mon, 2011-02-21 at 08:59 +0100, Sébastien Le Ray wrote:
Hi list,

Here are two patch regarding the Easy Hack "Improve Autocorrect
capitalize first word in sentence" (on the wiki).

First one improves french autocorrection for non breaking space
before : when you enter a protocol.

Oh interesting, I didn't know that there was some special fr only code
inside the autocorrect. A good catch IMO, so happily pushed.

I didn't remove the code handling the "://" case since INETUrlObject
does not contains ftps://, imaps:// and other protocols. I could
modify INETUrlObject if needed to handle these and get ride of this
special case.

Modifying INETUrlObject to add a new protocol, as I discovered to my
cost recently, turns out to be a little bit tricky with some knockon
effects where some code far from tools behaves quite differently when a
protocol is "unknown" vs "known". For non-autocorrection of ftps://
imaps:/// it ain't worth it. If you want you could just add a local list
into that autocorr.cxx of additional things worth auto-non-capitalizing.

Second one prevents capitalisation of recognized protocole (e.g. http:
will never be replaced by Http: even at the beginning of a sentence).

This makes my month, really great :-) I like autocorrect, but that one
always drive me wild, just not enough to fix it myself. Move it from the
easy-hack list to the completed one and stick your name on it there.

C.