Hi Enrico,

On Sat, 2011-02-12 at 15:36 +0100, Enrico Weigelt wrote:
Well, I intend to create a DBus service, as long as I get to that point
I'll see how it behaves (the g_idle_add was just a test to check if the
glib mainloop was usable).

What exactly do you want that utterly complex and conceptionally
backwards think, many other people are working at getting rid of ?

        Ho hum; I think we'll be living with D-BUS for a very long time; ORBit2
was deprecated by D-BUS oh, 6+ years ago, and is still in use by
accident on my desktop ;-) despite many people's best efforts.

If you just want to access certain objects or send commands remotely,
you could use 9P - simple, tiny and very effective.

        And using file-system semantics for everything is something the FUSE
mob like; after all, you can do anything by passing strings back and
forth right ? whether you want to do every single function call via the
file-system, is another matter. I don't believe it really bears
discussing on this list though :-)

        ATB,

                Michael.