[Resending, this time to the list.]

Hi Michael,

At 8:06am -0500 Thu, 10 Feb 2011, Michael Meeks committed:
  starmath/source/visitors.cxx |    3 +--
  1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 2 deletions(-)

New commits:
commit 60c297cc61df9ef025312f75ba214b4a8499e959
Author: Luke Dixon<6b8b4567@gmail.com>
Date:   Tue Feb 8 20:15:21 2011 +0000

     Fix for bugs 32759 and 32755 on freedesktop bugzilla

Do we have guidelines for commit messages? I ask because I think it would be helpful to include just a smidgen more information in them than a reference to various bugzillas. (To be clear, it's not just you/r messages, but you're the person I feel comfortable asking.)

Granted, FDO will perhaps be more accessible than has been bugs.ooo, and hopefully will have longevity, but I like the assumption that folks might not always be able to access the bug report. Further, this gives those of us who aren't uber-awesome LO coders a bit more insight to a change, when we only have a few seconds to glance at emails as they go by.

I'm also probably currently hyper-aware of commit messages as my advisor (who is not a coder) just chided me for a commit message that didn't give him enough context because he couldn't look at the associated patch.

Thoughts?

Kevin