Hello Michael,

On Thu, 2011-02-10 at 12:33 +0000, Michael Meeks wrote:
      So - I think this is way too big to ship between 3.3.1 RC1 and our
final release of that; so - I'd say no for 3.3.1. I'd say yes for 3.3
(and hence 3.3.2) but I have a few questions:

Ok.

      When writing we do this:

-    SwWW8Writer::WriteString_xstz( *pDataStrm, ffdeftext, true );
+    if ( !type )
+        SwWW8Writer::WriteString_xstz( *pDataStrm, ffdeftext, true );

This is not in the same file than the code below ;) one is for export
and the other for import. The first one is the necessary one :D

-        pDataStream->SeekRel(4 * (nType ? 2 : 1));
+        String sEntryMacro = WW8Read_xstz(*pDataStream, 0, true);
+        String sExitMacro = WW8Read_xstz(*pDataStream, 0, true);
+        //pDataStream->SeekRel(4 * (nType ? 2 : 1));

      That concerns me - we unconditionally read and advance the stream
pointer here presumably by 8 bytes, rather than dependent on nType by
either 4 or 8 (or some multiple thereof). Are we missing an if (nType)
branch here ? and do we have a document that tests the other case ?

Well, nType should be replace by a boolean as we only set it to 0 or 1.
If you meant type... then the word specs says that if the
FFData.bits.iType needs to be 0 for this value to be stored.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd906422%28v=office.12%29.aspx

      incidentally commenting out code instead of removing it is ...
curious :-)

Oops, that's a code cleanup thing I forgot to do. The whole ww8par3.cxx
changed should be completely removed as we can't use those macros names
ATM. I did that for some testing purpose and forgot to clean it up.

Regards,
--
Cédric Bosdonnat
LibreOffice hacker