Hi Caolan,

On Tue, 2011-02-08 at 15:05 +0000, Caolán McNamara wrote:
So my GNOME settings are by default to not show icons in menus so I
didn't notice that we show a placeholder graphic for all missing icons
in menus.

        Oooh ! :-) that is only on master I hope :-)

Do we think that every entry *should* have an icon and that each missing
one is a bug and needs to be drawn.

        No - that is just silly. On the other hand - if there is a toolbar icon
without an image - then we should indeed have the missing-image image
there - so it is not just a grey rectangle (I think). [ Or should we ? -
there are some text only toolbar pieces in eg. the print preview mode ].
Hmm; perhaps we really don't want the placeholder icons in this location
at all.

Or do we think that it's ok to have no menu entry icon and should just
draw no placeholder, e.g. something like the attached patch ? when they
are missing.

        Yep; that's the right fix. Clearly we got a bit over-enthusiastic in
this place.

        Thanks !

                Michael.